We share this message with extremely heavy hearts.
Evelyn Fox, a Local 586 member and steward, lost her son on Sunday evening. He also leaves behind his wife and four young children.
We want to express our deepest condolences to Evelyn and her family for this tremendous loss.
We know that many of you will want to know what you can do to support their family as they face this tragedy. A GoFundMe donation page for the family has been set-up at this link: https://www.gofundme.com/2wae2cnb?ssid=736151317&pos=1.
Thank you for sharing your care and solidarity with our Sister at this sad time.
Your OPSEU Local 586 Executive
Local 586 General Membership Meeting
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Happy New Year! OPSEU Local 586 will be holding its first General Membership Meeting of the year. There will be free food and raffle prizes, including an iPad and a fitbit!
Date: January 25, 2017
Free Dinner starts at 6:00 pm
Meeting: 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Please note: you must be present at the meeting during the raffle draw to win a prize.
Local 586 is committed to eliminating barriers that members face in participating in their union. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org about any accommodation required to participate before January 20th, 2017.
Local 586 will reimburse transportation and dependent care expenses as per OPSEU policy.
If you have any further questions, please speak to a steward.
- Travelling by TTC - we will reimburse you with two tokens at the meeting.
- Travelling by car - we will reimburse your mileage and parking under OPSEU's expense policy. You must fill out an expense claim and include your parking receipt. You are strongly encouraged to carpool, the carpooling driver receives additional mileage reimbursement.
- If you need to hire childcare or eldercare to attend the meeting (that you would not have needed otherwise), OPSEU will reimburse up to $12.00 per hour of care required. Again, an expense claim and receipts are required.
- If you require any other accommodation in order to participate fully, please contact us immediately so we can make arrangements.
- 31 Wellesley is a mobility accessible building.
- All OPSEU events are NUT FREE and FRAGRANCE FREE. For the health and safety of all our members, any member who does not abide by this policy will be asked to leave the meeting.
Your OPSEU 586 Executive