To All Our Members,
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the phenomenal turn-out at our General Membership Meeting on Thursday, February 19th.
We successfully elected a new local executive and delegates to Convention 2016, as well as endorsing 6 resolutions for Convention 2016 and saying thank you to our outgoing President, Karl Laframboise for his many contributions to our local.
- We also announced the results of our 2016 membership issues survey
- We swore-in our steward team, now 44 members strong!
- Advised members to read the minutes of our January 18th LERC meeting, and announced there will no longer be a 6-month waiting period for new hires before they can opt-in to the CWW program (an announcement email will be coming from the management this week with full details)
- Reminded members to participate in the MERC SAMS/Modernization study by Dr. Wayne Lewchuk
- Made a call for members who have experienced documented health effects due to workload/SAMS to step-forward for the ongoing workload grievance now being managed by Lawyer David Wright (contact us now to participate)
YOUR NEW EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
YOUR NEW LOCAL TRUSTEES
REPRESENTATIVES AT CONVENTION 2016
Congratulations to everyone who was elected!
On a personal note - I want to thank you all for your confidence in choosing me to serve as your President for 2016-2018. I can't wait to get started working with our excellent new team of officers and stewards. My #1 goal for the next two years is to educate you on your rights, and your stewards on how to provide you with the best possible representation.
You serve the most vulnerable citizens of Ontario with professionalism and care and together we will work to improve the health, happiness and fairness of your workplaces.